Monday 10 September 2012

Post Prandial Peaks.

These things suck.

Breakfast will consist of toast and maybe an apple, and my sugar levels will SKYROCKET, resulting in me feeling groggy head-achey and grumpy for a good hour or two. It used to be worse. I'd often over correct with insulin for these terribly couple of hours and then go out ad crash as I was busy getting on with my day!

Has anyone else experienced these?

There's a new quick acting inulin I'm lucky enough to get to try out soon, which is even quicker acting than humalog I was on. With luck it will help correct these a little, and I can actually eat a decent breakfast without burning out afterwards.

The pump is supposed to help with this also.

Oh well. It really is just a constant learning curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment