Thursday 20 June 2013

Keeping motivated.




I hit this summer after my exams, hard. With a lack of hours at work, stresses of new ventures in my life (learning to drive, volunteering, extra free time!) I fell into a bit of a funk, and my diabetes has suffered massively. With erratic blood sugars and inulin doses, I've gained weight, lost motivation and generally have ended up in a bit of a hopeless spiral!

Not to worry! All is not lost, yet...

I've been trying to eat as all natural as possible. More fresh cooked dinners from home, more fruits and veggies, and less processed refined foods. It does help that I'm vegetarian, but I'm hoping that eating much better will mean I can drop my insulin also, and thus lose weight!

I'm going back to the gym next month: due to financial issues, I had to freeze my membership, but that was no excuse: I could have gone biking, or even dare I say it "jogging." I hate jogging, even on a treadmill. But I'm going to start biking again. Exercise after all, improved your body's ability to utilise insulin, has lasting effects on lowering your blood sugar levels and exercise itself prevents against a whole bunch of nasties later in life.

I really don't know why I struggle with it so much!

All the best guys!
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment