Saturday 11 August 2012

Hello!
This blog has been something I've wanted to start for quite some time now. In case you haven't guessed, the subject of this blog is Diabetes, and is aimed at anyone looking to relate to a fellow patient, get some tips or just offload in the comments.
It's a disease which although these days has many links to weight and unhealthy eating, strikes many people without warning or reason. I was one of those people.

At eight I was diagnosed, having been drinking and peeing an awful lot one day. I was taken into hospital and just like that I was lumbered with something for the rest of my life.

I'd like to be able to say that I'm sorted now, and I know how to look after myself.
That is not the case.
Besides, the health care related to diabetes is developing so rapidly these days, it's hard to keep up with recommendations, treatments and such.
This is what this blog is for. I hope it at least reaches some people and lets them know: you're not alone!

SerinTais

No comments:

Post a Comment