Saturday 25 August 2012

A bad day for carb counting...

Not feeling great today. I like many other people, tend to eat the wrong types of foods when I'm tired after a long day on my feet. One ice cream later, and I've got a headache, even though I've managed to get my levels down to 6.8.
This is due to over doing the insulin after the ice cream and then going hypo!
Hypos mean headaches.
And too much insulin means I need to practice my carb counting more!

The problem with a lot of people who have had diabetes for 10 or more years, is that the things we were taught way back when are no longer in use, and many new treatments are suggested , e carb counting. So we are stuck in our ways, and if the new method has not been introduced in the right way, we find it hard to adjust.

At least that's what I found. Carb counting was sprung on me at one appointment, and was not presented in the correct way, so I perhaps did not take it seriously. Now it is being introduced everywhere as the better way of leading a normal life.

So complicated...Gone are the days of set insulin doses and regular mealtimes.

Pretty rigid but still ingrained in many people as the best way of doing things...
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment